Monday, October 20, 2008

God is Good

Living in limbo while raising support has been challenging and also a blessing. Recently I (Leah)have been more overwhelmed by the challenges rather than the blessings. Finding non-traditional work has been hard, so that has resulted in a lot of not working, which in turn is a little overwhelming. Oh how I long to feel useful! :) I think it has been extra challenging because I almost feel guilty about my lack of day to day work. What in the world am I doing? I feel so useless. However, in the struggle God has been teaching me and growing me. One of the things he has been teaching me is thankfullness, even in the little things. I have also been working on living in the here and now, and asking him each day how he wants to use me, rather than worry about the days ahead when I might not have anything to do, or when we might not be able to pay our bills. I am slightly jealous of Kevin, because he has school, which is a legitimate, time consuming, and necessary :), thing for him to do each day. Perhaps at this point you are wondering why this post is called "God is Good." I guess that within all of this, the struggle, the difficulty of it all, this is one of the core lessons that God is teaching me. My mom encouraged me, while I have this abundance of free time, to look for ways that I can do things for others and just bless those around me. This may seem like a simple solution, but it is easy to get wrapped up in your own sadness and not look around to see what you can do for others. God doesn't always work the way I think he will, but he is always good, and he has always provided. On that note, I am really excited because this week God has already provided a number of ways that I can earn money, and also bless others. Yea God! I am learning how to appreciate the little things, and understand how God is my provider in everything, even the details. Yes, my God is good.

1 comment:

Carpenters said...

Great post. Thanks for sharing that wonderful perspective. We'll look forward to seeing you in church soon!