Friday, June 14, 2013

Prayer Walk

Today after Spanish classes all our Avancistas gathered together to do a prayer walk around the Zocalo (the center plaza of Mexico City). I always enjoy these events, especially when I  have the opportunity to do them sans kids (thanks to Kevin for taking them for the afternoon!). Somehow, even though summer is the rainy season, I have never experienced a rainy afternoon on the day of our prayer walk. Today the streak ended. :)




By the end of the walk (we walk around the square seven times all the while praying for the city based on the Lord's Prayer), we were all soaked! Still I feel as if the Lord routinely uses experiences such as these to grow my heart for this people, culture and city. I feel privileged to be able to live here, and I am finding myself more and more motivated to continue to understand and love Mexico and its people.



No comments: