Monday, November 3, 2008

It's a cold, blustery day...



I feel like winter is arriving, whether I am ready or not! You can't see it very much in this picture, but the day has given us a steady dose or rain, combined with some strong winds.

I feel a little like we missed fall, I thought we were experiencing it for a while, those cool days, leaves falling, a certain crispness to the air.... mmmm! But then it got hot again. And now somehow we have transitioned from hot to cold!



This weekend Kevin and I made the trek down to Pasadena. We were able to visit with some of our friends, and attend our home church down there on Sunday. It was a really fun time overall, even though it was a long drive. On Friday night we went trick or treating with the family that I used to nanny for. It was really fun overall, though I missed hanging out with the oldest, Jacob, because he was with his friends. Here is a picture I took, you can kind of get an idea of how much energy the night required by the look in the boys eyes!
I know you can't tell from this picture, but there were hundreds and hundreds of kids on the street where we went to trick or treat, it was unlike anything I had ever seen. People go all out to decorate their houses as well, some of them were a little on the scary side, which I wasn't a real big fan of. One woman was dressed head to toe as a mummy and ha done of those crystal balls with a head floating in it. Hmmmm. A little scary for small children, or adults! :)

No comments: