Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!


Jeremiah 31:2-4 (New International Version)

2 This is what the LORD says:
"The people who survive the sword
will find favor in the desert;
I will come to give rest to Israel."

3 The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness.

4 I will build you up again
and you will be rebuilt, O Virgin Israel.
Again you will take up your tambourines
and go out to dance with the joyful.

I don't know how this Valentine's day finds you, happy, sad, feeling loved or un-loved. Wherever you are I want to remind you that there is a Father God who loves you with an everlasting love. He loves us first, before we even begin to love him. He forms us in our mother's womb and sees deep into our lives into those places where no one else has access. He redeems us and gives us peace and meaning even within life's most violent storms. He longs to hold you in his arms and to give you a sense of belonging and purpose. He is the author of love and the only one who can perfectly love you. I encourage you to open your heart to him and remember him wherever you are, in your emptiness or fulness, for he is waiting patiently for you. Happy Valentine's Day!


No comments: